Denver Division of Retirement Assets Lawyer

Home | Denver Division of Retirement Assets Lawyer

Denver Division of Retirement Assets Attorney

Many couples spend decades building their retirement portfolio. A diversified portfolio includes a wide range of complex assets, including pensions, 401(k)s, IRAs, stocks, annuities and real estate. After carefully cultivating your finances, the last thing you want to do is lose half of everything you have saved for retirement.

Like other types of property, retirement assets acquired during your marriage are considered marital property and will be included in the equitable distribution. For accounts that were established prior to marriage, any gains during the marriage are also considered marital property, which may be the majority of your accounts.

Our attorneys at The Law Center P.C. have experience working with clients on complex retirement assets. We can help you determine your best course of action to maintain the retirement you’ve planned for.

How Are Retirement Accounts Divided?

Creating a qualified domestic relations order (QDRO) is often the best option for couples dividing their retirement assets. A QDRO designates an alternate payee for retirement accounts. These agreements are complex and require experience with the law and tax regulations.

Having an experienced lawyer assist with your retirement asset division is the best way to ensure a fair outcome. At The Law Center P.C., we leverage our extensive experience and associate with specialists to craft orders beneficial to our clients.

We have dealt with all types of retirement assets and have experts at our disposal to assist with the financial and tax implications. You also may be entitled to more of your retirement assets than your spouse, and we can help explain to the court that you should receive a larger share.

We Can Help You Maintain Your Retirement Funds

If you have questions about how you will maintain your retirement assets in a divorce, we can help. Call our Highlands Ranch office today at 303-991-5280 or contact us online for an initial consultation.


Map & Location