Robert B. Wareham Esq.
Mr. Wareham is a highly regarded litigation attorney whose practice emphasizes family law litigation and criminal defense. In particular, Mr. Wareham handles high conflict divorce, support enforcement and custodial matters. Frequently these cases have a collateral criminal law case involving accusations of domestic violence and/or child abuse.
A skilled litigator and negotiator, Mr. Wareham believes that every case is a candidate for settlement. "Work toward settlement, prepare for trial" is his mantra.
Mr. Wareham had a successful career in high technology sales and sales management with Fortune 50 companies prior to being called to the bar in the early 1990s. During most of this twenty years, Mr. Wareham also served as either a full-time or reserve peace officer in the State of California--holding the state's highest level reserve certification. His background in law enforcement as a police officer and deputy sheriff allow him to work comfortably with prosecutors and police.
As a custodial parent himself, Mr. Wareham understands the special demands of being a single parent, and fights to spare children the trauma associated with divorce. He tells all of his domestic relations clients, "I won't let you hurt your kids!"
Mr. Wareham founded Robert B. Wareham, Esq. P.C. in 1998, and serves as its Managing Director.
Year Joined Firm
Areas of Practice
- Family Law
- Parental Responsibilities
- Financial Support
- Criminal Defense
- Domestic Violence
- Military Divorce
- California, 1995
- Colorado, 1997
- U.S. District Court District of Colorado, 1998
- U.S. Bankruptcy Court Colorado, 1998
- U.S. Supreme Court, 2003
- McGeorge School of Law, University of the Pacific, Sacramento, California
- J.D. - 1995
- Honors: Dean's List - 1992
- Honors: Moot Court Competition Finalist
- Honors: Trial Advocacy Competition Finalist
- Honors: Student Commencement Speaker
- San Francisco State University, San Francisco, California, USA
- Major: Communications
- Pacific Union College, Angwin, Napa Valley, California, USA
- B.S. - June, 1998
- Major: Journalism
- Major: Communications
- Major: Public Relations
- Family Law Magistrates: An Overview of Review and Appeal Procedures, 32-SEP Colo. Law. 91, September, 2003
- Chap. 24-The Role of the Magistrate and Appeals from Magistrate Decisions, Continuing Legal Education in Colorado, Prac. Guide to Colo. Dom. Rel. Law, 2004
Honors and Awards
- American Jurisprudence Award-Legal Process
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Colorado Bar Association, Member, 1998 - Present
- American Bar Association, Member, 1992 - Present
- Colorado Criminal Defense Bar Association, Member, 2001 - Present
- Federal Communications Bar Association, Member, 1992 - 2000
- Douglas-Elbert Bar Association, Member, 1998 - Present
- Arapahoe County Bar Association, Member, 1998 - Present
- Family Law Section-CBA, Member, 1998 - Present
Past Employment Positions
- Avaya Inc., General Manager, Global Sales Education, March 1, 2000 - July 2, 2001
- Lucent Technologies, General Manager, Global Sales Education, January 1, 1996 - March 1, 2000
- AT&T / Lucent Technologies, Network Integration Specialist, November 1, 1992 - December 31, 1995